Fulton Hogan were awarded the contract for the upgrade of the waste water treatment plant at Koorlong near Mildura by Lower Murray Water. The existing process at the WWTP comprises a chemically assisted sedimentation process (CAS) before irrigation of on-site tree lots with primary effluent. The existing plant has a design Average Dry Weather Flow (ADWF) capacity of 3.3 ML/day. The WWTP will treat after the upgrade an average dry weather flow of 11.85 ML/d. The peak wet weather flow for treatment is 400 L/s.
The upgrade includes:
- Supply and install new D450 influent electromagnetic flow meter and associated pit.
- Construct new inlet works including Receival chamber, automatic band screen, automatic screen bypass channel with coarse screen, screenings washpactor and vortex-style grit removal.
- Construct 4 sequencing batch reactors (SBR) with integral flow splitter.
- Supply and install end pivot type decanters for the SBRs.
- Design and construct diffused air aeration system complete with blowers and necessary controls.
- Construct new decant balance tank.
- Design and construct a new channel style low pressure UV disinfection system.
- Construct new magnesium hydroxide liquid (MHL) storage and dosing system.
- Construct new phosphoric acid storage and dosing system.
- Gertzel Engineering Surveyors are supplying all surveying services for the upgrade.