Hyder and PB have joined Thiess and VicRoads in a partnership known as the Tulla Sydney Alliance which will design, manage and deliver the works for the $2.25 billion M80 Ring Road Upgrade project.
The Alliance have contracted Gertzel Survey to provide all surveying services for the Project.
Considered a critical component of Melbourne’s road network, the M80 Ring Road links a number of corridors and major arterial roads and facilitates freight movement between Melbourne, regional Victoria and interstate capitals. The M80 Ring Road Upgrade will deliver widening and improvement works to address safety and congestion issues and improve travel times and reliability, especially during peak periods.
VicRoads has identified the 8.4km section between the Tullamarine Freeway and Sydney Road as the highest priority to upgrade, as it has the most congestion.
Improvements to this section will include:
- A minimum of three through lanes in each direction
- Upgrades to existing bridges
- Provision of an Intelligent Transport System
- Provision of landscaping and urban design elements to improve amenity and driveability.
- M80 Ring Road Upgrade
- Tullamarine, VIC
- Hyder, PB, Thiess, Tulla Sydney Alliance