The Laverton Rail Upgrade will enable additional services to be introduced on the Werribee line that will start and finish at Laverton Station. The upgrade will also provide infrastructure to improve the reliability of both the Werribee and V/Line services.
Specifically the project involves:
- An extra kilometre of track between Laverton Station and the Altona Loop Junction and associated signalling works.
- A third platform at Laverton Station.
- A new footbridge to improve access to the station.
- A new rail bridge over Merton Street.
- Around 300 new car spaces on the north side of the station.
John Holland Constructions contracted Gertzel Engineering Surveyors to provide:
- All setout/as built of earthworks for the new track, formation, batter, drainage, retaining walls & culvert.
- Computations of earthwork volumes
- Monitoring of M1 Freeway while excavating under existing freeway abutment to detect any movement.
- Setout of structural elements, footings/stairs/lifts, for the new footbridge linking the north carpark, south carpark and existing platform to the new platform.
- Setout of structural elements, piles, abutments, beams at the New Merton St Rail Bridge.
- Setout and as built of new North/ West Carpark, Setout for North/East Carpark.
- Setout/as built of new 190m platform including piles/hold down bolts/platform panels.
- Setout of overhead structure foundations/piles.
- Laverton Rail Upgrade
- John Holland Constructions