The Victorian Government has initiated a $52 million project to remove a major bottleneck on Melbourne’s inner-suburban rail network by building a second railway track between Clifton Hill and Westgarth stations, including a new rail bridge over Merri Creek.
On completion this will remove a significant bottleneck from the rail network and will enable trains to run more efficiently and reliably.
Gertzel Engineering Surveyors was contracted to John Holland Constructions, Southern Region to provide survey services for the Clifton Hill Rail Project.
- Additional detail survey at designers request including proving of drainage location and direction and services verification.
- Computation, drafting and set out of site compound layouts.
- Set out for the six span steel beam bridge over Merri Creek.
- Pre delivery as built checks on beams.
- Monitoring of existing bridge piers and abutments during pier and abutment construction.
- Set out for earthwork formation for Rail track.
- Digital modelling of alternate design.
- for retaining wall structures at the north abutment including production of cross sections and plans for design and safety assessment.
- for south abutment earthworks, retaining walls and shared user paths, working in conjunction with the John Holland Group design team, to ensure “buildability” and DDA compliance, including production of plans and sections for client and council approval.
- Set out for landscaping and path / stairs construction.
- Clifton Hill Rail
- Clifton Hill, VIC
- John Holland Constructions