Gertzel was born as a family business in 1983. Director/Owner John Gertzel started the company ‘Gertzel Survey’ as a sole operator mainly working on road construction projects. The company grew and demand for services increased quickly due to John’s hard work and diligence. Embracing technological change in the industry head on, John became the first surveyor in Australia to purchase a Robotic Total Station, the Geodimeter 4000. This became a game changer in the growth of the company.
In 1995, Gertzel won a contract on the Citylink Tunnel Project. To supply the project with multiple survey crews, the business expanded and more employees came on board. 3 of these employees are still working at Gertzel Engineering Surveyors today.
Gertzel now employs over 30 staff and services the construction industry mainly in Victoria. We have many long-term clients that have stayed with us along the way.
We have completed major milestone projects in Victoria that have included the Victorian Desalination Plant, the M80 Tulla-Sydney Alliance, the M1 Monash-Citylink Westgate Freeway upgrade and many more.
Although Gertzel has grown in numbers over the journey, we still value the same family business culture and principles that John first developed in 1983.
- INTEGRITY: We have a strong reputation in the industry as being honest, open, ethical and fair.
- PERFORMANCE: Work ethic is the foundation for all we do and executional excellence is a core value of our company and people.
- DIVERSITY: We know it takes people with different ideas, strengths, interests, and cultural backgrounds to make our company succeed.
- GROWTH: We strive to meet the needs of an ever-growing industry, whilst maintaining a personalised service.
- INNOVATION: The surveying industry is an ever-changing environment. We endeavour to be at the forefront and invest in new technology.
Provide world’s best practice services at competitive rates using latest and best equipment with skilled and experienced staff.